Back to all Recipes
Szechuan Roasted Vegetables with Brown Rice
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
- 2/3 cup brown rice
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets
- 2 large red bell peppers finely chopped
- 1 large carrot peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 4 tbsp canola oil divided
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Heat oven to 450° F.
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil. Directly on the baking sheet, toss broccoli, peppers and carrots with 2 tbsp canola oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Heat remaining 2 tbsp canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the skillet and cook, covered for 2 minutes.
- Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and add them to the pot of cooked rice. Toss to combine, along with fresh spinach, San-J Szechuan Sauce, crushed red pepper, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper.
- Once combined well, divide into individual bowls. Top each serving with a cooked egg and serve warm.
Check out more side dish recipes.