Back to all Recipes
Szechuan Tofu Stir Fry
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 pound Extra firm tofu
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed oil or any high-heat oil such as canola or peanut oil
- 2 1/2 cups Bok choy stems cut into 1-inch pieces, green leaves cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup Baby corn each cob cut in half
- 1/2 cup Shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 – 3/4 cup San-J Szechuan Sauce depending on spice preference
- Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into cubes.
- In a large frying pan or a wok, heat oil over high heat. Add the tofu and cook until lightly brown. Add the vegetables and mushrooms and sauté for about 1-2 minutes. Pour the San-J Szechuan Sauce into the pan, starting with ¼ cup. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally. If you prefer more spice, gradually add more sauce to reach your preferred spiciness, cooking for about 2-3 more minutes, or until bok choy is crisp and tender.
- Serve with gluten-free soba noodles.
Check out more Szechuan sauce main course recipes.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you, this was beautiful although we wanted more sauce with the rice as the soy etc were sucked up by the other ingredients!