Tamari Umami Burgers
Special DietGluten-Free, Low-Sodium
CourseMain Course, Sandwiches, Burgers, Wraps
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 teaspoons San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic finely grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat until the butter is melted. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, garlic, pepper, and sugar. Mix to combine and let sit of 15 minutes. Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape into patties. Cook in a skillet or on a grill 3 minutes per side for medium. Serve on a lettuce leaf topped with a quarter of the onions.