Tangy Pork Chops with Sweet Corn Relish
Our sweet and sour pork recipe features tender and juicy pork chops, sweet corn, and a tangy sauce that will keep you coming back for more. While most people associate sweet and sour sauce with chicken, pork is the perfect protein to elevate this glaze to new heights. The slightly sweet but savory taste of pork chops pairs well with the tart sweetness of our San-J Sweet and Tangy Sauce.
Try making our fresh and tangy take on sweet and sour pork instead of reaching for that takeout menu. When you serve this dish alongside a sweet corn relish or pair it with steamed white rice or vegan fried rice, you’ll benefit from happy tastebuds and a full belly.
OccasionQuick & Easy, Kid-Friendly
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 6-ounce pork loin chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups frozen kernel corn thawed
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
How to Prepare the Sweet and Sour Sauce
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, apple juice, and chicken broth and blend well.
How to Make Sweet and Sour Pork Chops
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking.
- Season each side of the pork loin chops with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the onions for 1 minute and then add the pork loin chops, browning them on both sides, about 2 minutes each.
- Add the sweet and sour sauce to the pork chops and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chops are cooked through.
- About 3 minutes before the chops are done, add the corn.
- To serve, place the chops on a large platter and spoon the corn, onions, and sauce over the chops, then sprinkle with parsley.