Tangy Pork Chops with Sweet Corn Relish
OccasionQuick & Easy, Kid-Friendly
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 6- ounce pork loin chops
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large white onion finely chopped
- 1 cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups frozen kernel corn thawed
- fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. Season each side of the pork loin chops with salt and pepper. Sauté the onions for 1 minute and then add the pork loin chops, browning them on both sides, about 2 minutes each.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, apple juice and chicken broth and blend well. Add the sauce to the pork chops and bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, or until the chops are cooked through. About 3 minutes before the chops are done, add the corn. To serve, place the chops on a large platter and spoon the corn, onions and sauce over the chops, then sprinkle with parsley.