Teriyaki Chicken Liver Pate
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 bunches green onions thinly sliced – divided
- 1 pound chicken livers
- 6 Tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce – divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter. Add 1 bunch of sliced green onions and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the chicken livers and cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink in the center, about 10 minutes. Add 3 tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce and the pepper, raise heat to high and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Take off heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Put the chicken livers with all the pan juices into a food processor and process until smooth. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of the remaining green onions for garnish and add the rest to the food processor with the chicken livers. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce and cream cheese and process until smooth and fully combined. Put into a serving bowl, top with the reserved green onions, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Can be made up to 2 days ahead.
- This Gluten Free recipe incorporates San-J product(s) that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.