- 1 large eggplant
- Olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 green onions sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 Fresno chili pepper seeded and finely sliced
- ¼ cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
- Slice the eggplant in half vertically. Slash the flesh side with a few shallow cuts and prick the skin a few times with a fork. Brush with oil and season the flesh with a little salt and pepper.
- Place eggplant, flesh-side down, in a lidded skillet. Add the water and put over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until the water disappears (watch carefully). Once the water has evaporated, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan along with the white parts of the green onions and the chili pepper. Add San-J Teriyaki Sauce, shake the pan to distribute the sauce, cover the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the eggplant over every 2 minutes to coat it with the sauce, cooking for another 10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
- Top with the reserved green parts of the green onions and the peanuts.