Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Main Course, Side Dish
- 1 large eggplant
- Olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 4 green onions sliced (white and green parts separated)
- 1 Fresno chili pepper seeded and finely sliced
- ¼ cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts chopped
Slice the eggplant in half vertically. Slash the flesh side with a few shallow cuts and prick the skin a few times with a fork. Brush with oil and season the flesh with a little salt and pepper.
Place eggplant, flesh-side down, in a lidded skillet. Add the water and put over high heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until the water disappears (watch carefully). Once the water has evaporated, add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan along with the white parts of the green onions and the chili pepper. Add San-J Teriyaki Sauce, shake the pan to distribute the sauce, cover the pan, and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the eggplant over every 2 minutes to coat it with the sauce, cooking for another 10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender.
Top with the reserved green parts of the green onions and the peanuts.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free