- 4 Tablespoons olive oil – divided
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms cleaned, stemmed and diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced or grated
- 4 Tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce – divided
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 1 1/2 pound pork tender loin – butterflied
- Kitchen string
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
Heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until it starts to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms, salt, pepper, and garlic and cook until the mushrooms are brown and any liquid has been evaporated, about 8 minutes.
Add 2 Tablespoons of San-J Teriyaki Sauce and the bread crumbs. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley. Let cool slightly.
Lay a piece of waxed paper on a work surface, place the butterflied tenderloin on top (opened up like a book), top with another piece of waxed paper and pound with a mallet or heavy skillet until the meat is uniformly about 1/2 inch thick.
Place the mushroom mixture on the pork leaving about an inch border on all sides. Roll the pork up like a jelly roll and tie at 1 inch intervals with kitchen string. Place on the prepared baking sheet, brush all sides with olive oil, and roast for 15 minutes.
Baste with some San-J Teriyaki Sauce and continue to roast for another 15 – 20 minutes, basting every 5 minutes, until the pork registers 140 – 145 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
Remove from the baking sheets and let sit, covered with foil, for 10 minutes. Cut off the string and slice.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free