Quick & Easy, Cookouts, Entertaining, Kid-Friendly
- 1 ¼ pounds ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro minced (optional)
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 Tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce divided
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large white onion sliced into rings
- 1 cup Jack or cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 1 medium ripe tomato sliced
In a medium mixing bowl, lightly combine the ground turkey, garlic, cilantro, egg, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of San-J Teriyaki Sauce until just combined. Divide the mixture into four parts and make 4 patties. In two separate small bowls, reserve 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce each.
In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and sauté until caramelized and soft. Set aside.
Preheat an oiled grill or skillet to medium. Add the turkey patties, cooking on each side for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the patties have no pink in the middle. Baste the patties with the reserved 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, brushing the patties every few minutes with the sauce.
Two minutes prior to removing the turkey patties from the heat, top each with the caramelized onion, a teaspoon of teriyaki sauce and 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese. Serve each portion as soon as the cheese is melted. Garnish each serving with the sliced avocado and tomato.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
– Gluten Free