Back to all Recipes
Thai Peanut Bars
- 3/4 cup San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 whole egg
- 1 separated egg
- 2 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup roasted peanuts coarsely chopped
- In bowl whisk together San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, peanut butter, egg, egg yolk (reserve egg white for glaze), molasses and water.
- In large separate bowl, whisk flour, sugar and baking soda together. Stir in wet ingredients. Then stir in peanuts. Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 pieces. Shape each into logs about 12 inches long. Flatten slightly to make each 2 1/2 inches wide. Place logs 3-inches apart onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- With a fork, mix egg white with 1 tsp of water. Brush logs with egg white wash.
- Bake in 325°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until firm and golden. Cool completely. Cut each log crosswise into 8 pieces.
Check out more dessert recipes.