Thai Peanut Tofu with Steamed VegetablesCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained
- 1 cup San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cup canned water chestnuts, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and place in a large sealable container. Pour the San-J Thai Peanut Sauce over the tofu and stir gently to combine. Marinate at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove and reserve any excess marinade from the tofu. Place the tofu cubes on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Drizzle the tofu with 3 tablespoons of the reserved marinade and bake for another 5 minutes.
While the tofu bakes, prepare the steamed vegetables. Place the broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Add the carrots and steam for 3 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and steam for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and spoon the vegetables onto a large serving platter. Place the tofu over the steamed vegetables, garnish with the green onion and serve immediately.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.