Back to all Recipes
Tofu & Green Bean Stir-Fry
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
CourseMain Course, Side Dish
Main IngredientTofu, Vegetables
OccasionQuick & Easy, Entertaining
- 1/4 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons gluten free sweet chili garlic sauce
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons oil use divided
- 1 pound green beans cleaned trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine the San-J Tamari Soy Sauce with the chili garlic sauce, set aside.
- Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into 1/2 inch cubes. Transfer to a mixing bowl with the cornstarch, toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat until it starts to shimmer, add half the tofu in an even layer in the pan. Cook the tofu undisturbed for 2 minutes. Gently flip and stir the tofu. Continue to cook and stir until the tofu is lightly golden brown on all sides, 3 – 4 minutes. Remove the tofu to a plate and set aside. Heat 1 more tablespoon of oil in the pan and cook the remaining tofu the same way. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium; add the remaining tablespoon of oil and the green beans. Cook the green beans, stirring, for 1 minute. Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to cook the beans for 3 minutes or until they are bright green and crisp tender. Increase the heat back up to high, add the reserved sauce mixture and boil for 1 minute or until it reduces slightly. Add the tofu and cook for 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.