For the Dumplings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (12-ounce) bag vegetable slaw
- 2 cups finely shredded cooked turkey
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 12 (8-9 inch) rice paper wrappers (each dumpling will be double-wrapped)
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 6 tbsp jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
For the Dumplings
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable slaw and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the turkey, ginger, garlic, Tamari, and sesame oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through and the slaw is crisp tender.
Dip one rice paper wrapper in cold water for a few seconds until pliable and place on a damp surface. Add a spoonful of filling in the center of the wrapper. Starting at the bottom, fold the rice paper wrapper over the filling, then the top over, and finally the sides, making a rectangle.
Now create a double wrapping for that same dumpling: Dip a second wrapper in water, place on a damp surface and fold over in the same manner, double wrapping the dumpling. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Pour enough vegetable oil to come up about ¼ inch in a skillet. Heat over medium-high heat. Fry the dumplings a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Garnish with green onions and serve with dipping sauce.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
– Gluten Free