Turkey Stuffed Pork Loin
- 1 pound Turkey sausage
- 1 10-ounce box Frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated nutmeg
- 1 3 to 3 1/2 pound Boneless pork loin, butterflied
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up with a spatula, until fully cooked. Drain the fat. Add the spinach, cream cheese, and nutmeg and cook, stirring, until the cheese melts.
- Lay the pork, opened, between two pieces of waxed paper and pound with a rolling pin until it is of even thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the sausage mixture over the top of the pork, leaving a 1-inch border. Starting with one long end, roll tightly into a cylinder. Tie kitchen string around the cylinder at 1-inch intervals. Place on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Sprinkle the outside with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup with the Tamari Soy Sauce. Pour half into another small bowl. Brush half the mixture over the pork and back for 35-45 minutes or until the temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.
- Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining maple tamari sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.