Turkey Stuffed Pork LoinCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 pound Turkey sausage
- 1 (10-ounce) box Frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon Grated nutmeg
- 1 (3 to 3 1/2 pound) Boneless pork loin, butterflied
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage, breaking it up with a spatula, until fully cooked. Drain the fat. Add the spinach, cream cheese, and nutmeg and cook, stirring, until the cheese melts.
Lay the pork, opened, between two pieces of waxed paper and pound with a rolling pin until it is of even thickness. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the sausage mixture over the top of the pork, leaving a 1-inch border. Starting with one long end, roll tightly into a cylinder. Tie kitchen string around the cylinder at 1-inch intervals. Place on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Sprinkle the outside with pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the maple syrup with the Tamari Soy Sauce. Pour half into another small bowl. Brush half the mixture over the pork and back for 35-45 minutes or until the temperature of the pork reaches 145°F.
Remove from the oven, brush with the remaining maple tamari sauce. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.