Back to all Recipes
Vegan Grilled Vegetable Quinoa
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Low-Sodium, Vegan, Vegetarian
OccasionCookouts, Quick & Easy
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 large green bell peppers sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 large yellow summer squash sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 3 large green onions thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. San-J Tamari Lite
- In a medium saucepan, cook quinoa in water over medium heat on the stovetop: Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa absorbs all the water. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill zucchini, green peppers and yellow summer squash until tender, approximately 2 minutes per side.
- Remove vegetables from heat and dice grilled vegetables on a cutting board, then toss warm vegetables with baby spinach in a large bowl. Add orange juice, orange zest, green onions, canola oil, dill, red pepper flakes, cooked quinoa and San-J Tamari Lite. Gently toss to combine.
Check out more side dish recipes.