- 8 ounces fresh raw medium shrimp deveined and tails removed
- 8 large round rice paper wrappers
- 8 ounce package rice vermicelli noodles cooked according to instructions
- 1 large carrot julienned thinly
- 3 Tablespoons Thai basil chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint leaves chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 leaves Romaine lettuce chopped
- ½ cup San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
In a small saucepan, poach the shrimp until pink throughout.
Drain and cool. Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise and set aside.
Fill a large bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper in the warm water for 10 seconds to soften.
Drain the wrapper of excess water and place in flat on a cutting board.
In a row across the center of the wrapper, place 2 shrimp halves, a handful of vermicelli, carrots, basil, mint, cilantro, and lettuce, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on each side.
Fold the uncovered sides inward, then tightly roll the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining rolls to make 8 rolls total.
Heat the San-J Thai Peanut Sauce, if desired, by placing the sauce in a microwaveable bowl and heat on medium for 1 minute. Serve the rolls and sauce.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
Thai Peanut Sauce
– Gluten Free