Avocado Tofu SaladCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 1 pound extra firm tofu
- 2 medium Haas avocados
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 small jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and minced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. To remove excess water, press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into cubes.
Peel and seed the avocados, cut into cubes. Place in a mixing bowl, add the lime juice, and toss to coat. Add the pressed tofu.
In a small bowl whisk together the San-J Tamari Lite 50% Less Sodium Gluten Free Soy Sauce, sesame oil, honey, and jalapeno and add to the avocado and tofu. Add the onions, cilantro and sesame seeds and toss gently to combine.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.