Back to all Recipes
Grilled Baby Bok Choy with Hoisin Honey Glaze
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
OccasionCookouts, Quick & Easy
- 4 tablespoons San-J Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons San-J Tamari
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chili powder or chili flakes
- 1 pound baby bok choy
- To make the Hoisin Honey Glaze, combine all ingredients (except baby bok choy) into a small sauce pan. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Wash and cut the baby bok choy lengthwise, into quarters (smaller baby bok choy can just be halved).
- Preheat grill to medium. Place a long piece of tin foil (6″ x 14″) on grill. When grill is hot, brush the Hoisin Honey Glaze onto the stems only of the baby bok choy. Place the baby bok choy on the grill, resting the leaves on the tin foil. Grill for 3 minutes, covered. Rotate grilled baby bok choy, brushing additional glaze, if needed. Spritz a little bit of water on the leaves of the bok choy.
- Cover grill again, and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Check the stems if they are tender. Rotate and brush again if needed. Spritz leaves again, if they are looking very dry.
- When the bok choy is cooked through, and you see caramelized baby bok choy, remove the tin foil. Brush leaves and stems with the glaze and let grill for just another minute, to let the leaves get the perfect amount of flame.
- Just prior to serving, sprinkle a little more hot chili powder, if desired.
Check out additional information on how to cook baby bok choy. Check out more side dish recipes.