Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 12 (2-inch) multi-color beets, such as red, purple, white, and orange, stemmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp San-J No Soy Tamari
- 1 (1/4-inch) knob ginger, freshly grated
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup packed baby arugula
- 4 green onions, cut into matchsticks
Wearing gloves, peel beets. Slice beets into very thin slices using a vegetable peeler or mandolin.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, San-J No Soy Tamari, ginger and shallot together in a large bowl until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add beets and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for at least 15 minutes.
Shingle beet decoratively on 2 serving plates. Top evenly with arugula, green onions and lemon zest. Drizzle evenly with remaining San-J No Soy Tamari mixture and serve.
Tip: Substitute beets with 1 mini seedless watermelon to create watermelon carpaccio! Simply peel watermelon, and cut flesh into 4×2-inch blocks. Thinly slice watermelon blocks using a vegetable peeler or mandolin. Proceed with step 2.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.
In this recipe
No Soy Tamari Sauce for Food Service