Hoisin Grain BowlCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 1 package of Tofu
- 1/4 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce (more or less to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed oil or any oil with high smoke point and neutral flavor
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 bunch of fresh spinach or other greens
- 2-4 carrots, shredded
- 4 radishes, chopped
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup San-J Hoisin Sauce for serving (more or less to taste)
Drain tofu, then press at least 15 minutes and up to an hour. To press tofu without a tofu press, wrap in a clean towel and allow to sit on the counter with weight on it, like a heavy bowl.
Preheat oven to 425º with the rack on the bottom shelf. Dice pressed tofu into 1-inch cubes, or into strips if preferred. Toss with oil, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, and seasonings if desired. Spread tofu onto a baking sheet in one layer. Bake 20 minutes or until brown and crispy around the edges.
Meanwhile, prepare quinoa. Add 1 cup dried quinoa and 2 cups filtered water to a medium pan, and bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer and cover. Cook on low with a lid for 12-15 minutes or until done.
While quinoa is cooking, prepare veggies and divide into 4 bowls if serving right away. To serve, layer spinach, quinoa, tofu, avocado, carrot, and radish into a large bowl and drizzle with desired amount of San-J Hoisin Sauce.
For Meal Prep:
Divide chopped veggies, cooked quinoa, and baked tofu into single-serving containers and refrigerate up to 5 days. When ready to eat, drizzle with desired amount of San-J Hoisin Sauce and enjoy!
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.