Korean Beef BowlCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- Korean Beef:
- 1 ½ lbs. Ground beef, chicken, or pork
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bottle (1 ¼ cup) San-J Korean BBQ Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Oil (grapeseed, canola, or vegetable)
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Pickled vegetables:
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ English seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium Carrot, julienned
- ½ cup Rice vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- ½ Tbsp. Sesame seeds
1. Place the beef and onion in a bowl, pour San-J Korean BBQ Sauce, break up the meat and mix all together. Marinate it for 30 minutes.
2. In a large skillet (preferably cast iron), heat the oil over medium high heat. Cook the beef and onion for 3-5 minutes or until the meat cooked through.
3. Sprinkle chopped green onion on top and serve over brown rice. Serve with pickled cucumbers and carrots.
1. Place cucumbers in a bowl, add salt and mix well. Let is sit until cucumbers release their natural juice, for about 5 minutes. Rinse cucumbers under cold water and squeeze excess juice from cucumbers.
2. Whisk vinegar, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, and sugar in a bowl and mix it until sugar is dissolved.
3. Divide the mixture in half and marinate cucumber and carrot in half of the mixture separately for 30 minutes to overnight. Sprinkle sesame seeds before serving.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.