Back to all Recipes
Polynesian Pork and Pineapple Bowl
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup, plus 1 tbsp San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- olive oil
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups diced fresh pineapple
- 4 oz sugar snap peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 4 oz cooked shelled edamame
- 4 baby cucumbers, cut lengthwise into strips
- 4 tbsp chopped macadamia nuts
- 2 fresh pineapples, cut in half and the fruit scooped out, optional (if doing this, reserve the fruit for the bowls)
- Cut the pork tenderloin into chunks and place in an Instant Pot with ¾ cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce and ¼ cup water. Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes and let naturally release for 5 minutes. Shred the pork, remove with a slotted spoon to a mixing bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce.
- While the pork is cooking, roast the sweet potatoes. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the diced sweet potatoes with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Divide the rice among 4 bowls or the pineapple halves. Place the pork, sweet potatoes, diced pineapple, snap peas, edamame, and cucumbers in sections on top of the rice. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve with more of the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce to drizzle on top.