Back to all Recipes
Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Orange Teriyaki Sauce
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
- 1 cup San-J Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 piece Fresh Ginger (2 inch by 1 inch) finely grated
- 6 Cornish game hens 1 – 1 ¼ pound each
- 1 cup Gluten Free Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Whisk together the San-J Teriyaki Sauce, orange juice, garlic, and ginger. Place game hens in a large food storage bag, add 1 cup of the marinade, reserving the rest, and let the hens marinate at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place a rack on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange the hens on the rack. Drizzle each hen with the marinade from the bag. Roasted the hens for 35 – 40 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, basting occasionally with some of the reserved marinade.
- Transfer the hens to a platter, cover with foil and let sit while preparing the sauce.
- Pour any juices from the roasting pan into a saucepan along with the remaining reserved marinade and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil and let cook for 5 – 6 minutes or until thicken. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the hens topped with the sauce.
Check out more teriyaki sauce main course recipes.