Back to all Recipes
Szechuan Eggplant Stir-Fry
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian
Main IngredientRice & Grains, Vegetables
OccasionEntertaining, Quick & Easy
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium Japanese eggplants peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 large yellow onion cut into bite-sized wedges
- 2 medium zucchini roughly chopped
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Szechuan Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons San-J Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup dry white wine or sake
- ¼ cup fresh green onions thinly sliced
- 6 cups steamed white rice
- In a large sauté pan or wok, heat the garlic in the oil over medium-high heat until it begins to soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the eggplants, onion, zucchini and bell peppers and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Stir-fry until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the San-J Sauces and white wine or sake, stir well to combine and cook for an additional 3 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over white rice.
Check out more Szechuan sauce main course recipes.