Back to all Recipes
Take-Out Fake Out Chow Mein
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free
Main IngredientPasta & Noodles
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup San-J Organic Tamari 25% Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For the Chow Mein:
- 12 ounces broad gluten-free noodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Mix all the sauce ingredients including the San-J Organic 25% Less Sodium Tamari in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to package directions.
- Cut the chicken into small, thin slices. Make sure all veggies are prepped and ready to go.
- Heat a wok on medium-high heat. Add oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on all sides. Remove from the wok and set aside.
- Add in cabbage, celery, and carrots and cook for about 2 minutes or until vegetables are softened, stirring often.
- Stir in the sauce and cook until thickened. Add the chicken and noodles to the wok and toss to coat all the ingredients with the sauce. Garnish with the green onions.
- Serve warm and enjoy.