Back to all Recipes
Tofu Veggie Buddha Bowls
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
Main IngredientTofu, Vegetables
- 1/2 cup San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, divided
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 16 oz extra-firm tofu, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups quinoa
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, diced small
- Everything bagel seasoning
- cilantro leaves
- Combine ¼ cup San-J Organic Tamari with 3 tablespoons maple syrup and the sesame oil. Pour into a food storage bag. Press the moisture out of the tofu and add to the bag with marinade. Let marinate 15-30 minutes.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss the sweet potatoes and broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder. Place on one of the baking sheets in an even layer.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine cornstarch with ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Drain the tofu, pat dry, and toss in cornstarch mixture. Place on the other baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss to coat.
- Bake tofu and vegetables for 20-25 minutes, flipping both halfway through.
- Combine ¼ cup tamari with peanut butter and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Add water to thin.
- Assemble bowls with quinoa on bottom, then add the tofu, vegetables, cabbage, bell pepper, and cucumber in sections. Top with everything bagel seasoning and garnish with cilantro. Drizzle the dressing over the top.