Polynesian Quinoa Fried RiceCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 14 oz. tofu (extra firm)
- 2 Tbs cornstarch
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 C pineapple, diced
- 6 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 Tbs San-J Organic Gluten Free Tamari, plus more for serving, if desired
- 2 C cooked quinoa
- 1/2 C San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce
Cut the tofu into 1 inch pieces and drain on paper towels. Place the drained tofu in a mixing bowl, add the cornstarch, and toss to coat.
Heat the oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat until it starts to ripple. Add the tofu in a single layer in the skillet and let cook undisturbed for 60 seconds. Flip the tofu and continue cooking on all sides until the tofu is golden brown, about 6 minutes. Remove the tofu from the pan and reserve. Add the bell peppers, pineapple, and green onion, and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add the quinoa and San-J Organic Gluten Free Tamari and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the San-J Sweet & Tangy Sauce and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Note: Can be made the night before and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.
Serve cold or at room temperature with additional San-J Organic Gluten Free Tamari, if desired
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.