Broiled Gorgonzola & Walnut Portobello MushroomsCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
Brush both sides of each mushroom cap with olive oil. Drizzle the interior of each cap with the San-J Gluten Free Tamari. To toast the walnuts, place the chopped nuts on a ungreased baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the nuts carefully as they brown. Place the mushroom caps on a nonstick baking sheet. Preheat the broiler for 3 minutes. Place the baking sheet with the mushrooms about 4 inches under the broiler for 3 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning. Remove the mushrooms from the broiler and sprinkle the interior of the caps evenly with the chopped walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. Position the mushrooms under the broiler again for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the caps are softened. Remove and garnish with fresh parsley.
To serve as an appetizer, cut each mushroom into thin wedges. You may also serve each whole cap as a meatless main dish, if desired.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.