Back to all Recipes
Broiled Gorgonzola & Walnut Portobello Mushrooms
Special DietGluten-Free, Vegetarian
OccasionQuick & Easy, Entertaining, Holidays
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps cleaned and patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- ½ cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- ½ cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- fresh parsley chopped, to garnish
- Brush both sides of each mushroom cap with olive oil.
- Drizzle the interior of each cap with the San-J Gluten Free Tamari.
- To toast the walnuts, place the chopped nuts on a ungreased baking sheet and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, turning the nuts carefully as they brown.
- Place the mushroom caps on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Preheat the broiler for 3 minutes.
- Place the baking sheet with the mushrooms about 4 inches under the broiler for 3 minutes. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Remove the mushrooms from the broiler and sprinkle the interior of the caps evenly with the chopped walnuts and gorgonzola cheese.
- Position the mushrooms under the broiler again for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the caps are softened.
- Remove and garnish with fresh parsley.
Check out more appetizer recipes.