Back to all Recipes
Eastern Tamari-Roasted Nuts
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
CourseDips & Snacks
- ¼ pound walnut halves
- ¼ pound pecan halves
- 1 pound whole cashews
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place the nuts in a large bowl and pour boiling water over the nuts to cover. Blanch the nuts for one minute and drain well in a large strainer. Place the hot nuts in a large mixing bowl and combine with the sugar and vegetable oil. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes to rest.
- Pour the nuts in a single layer onto a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes, until the nuts are uniformly brown and crispy. Remove the nuts to a bowl and toss with the salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, ginger, cloves, chili powder, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and lime juice. Spread the nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet to cool. When completely cool, store in an airtight container.
Check out more dip and snack recipes.