Back to all Recipes
Ginger Bok Choy with Shiitake Mushrooms
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 2 pounds fresh bok choy
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms stems removed, sliced
- 1/8 cup chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1/8 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Trim off the root ends of the bok choy and discard. Wash thoroughly and drain well. Separate the leaves and the stems. Chop the stems into 1-inch pieces. Chop the green leaves into pieces about 2 inches in length.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the ginger, red pepper flakes and garlic. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add the mushrooms and the bok choy stems, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth and bok choy leaves and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the sesame oil and the San-J Tamari Soy Sauce. Stir and toss to combine. Sprinkle with sliced almonds to garnish. Serve immediately.
Check out more side dish recipes.