Maguro Butsu (Marinated Tuna Tartare)
- 1 pound very fresh sashimi-grade tuna ahi or yellowtail, skinned
- 1 Tablespoon wasabi paste
- 5 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 6 spring onions very thinly sliced
- 6 shiso leaves cut in a chiffonade
- Carefully cut the tuna into small cubes about 1/2-inch square. In a medium glass or other non-reactive bowl, combine the wasabi, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and onions. Add the cubed tuna and mix lightly. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Remove the tuna from the marinade and toss with the shiso ribbons. Serve immediately.