Back to all Recipes
Shiitake Mushrooms, Pea Pods & Water Chestnuts
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced with stems removed
- ¼ pound fresh oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup dry sherry or sake
- 2 Tablespoons San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 1 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts, cleaned
- 8- ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In a medium sauté pan, heat the oils on medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they just begin to brown.
- Add the sugar, sherry or sake and the San-J Gluten Free Tamari Soy Sauce, mixing well to combine. Cook and stir for 1 minute and then add the sugar snap peas.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and steam the peas for 2 minutes until they are tender-crisp. Add the bean sprouts and water chestnuts and sauté until most of the liquid has evaporated. Serve and enjoy!
Check out more side dish recipes.