Back to all Recipes
Swiss Chard with Garlic, Lemon, and Tamari
Special DietDairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
OccasionQuick & Easy
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced very thinly
- 2 large bunches chard or other dark leafy greens thick stems removed, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and garlic over medium-high heat just until the garlic is golden.
- Add the chard and coat with the garlic and oil, mixing lightly.
- Add the red pepper flakes, lemon zest and San-J Tamari Soy Sauce and toss to coat.
- Continue stirring until the chard has softened and darkened in color, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the chard to a colander, and using tongs, gently squeeze to remove any excess liquid.
- Return the chard to the pan and sprinkle with the lemon juice and remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.
Check out more side dish recipes.