Tangy Tamari Calamari SaladCreated by Amie Valpone Back to all recipes
- 2 lbs. medium squid, rinsed
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/6 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, finely chopped
Rinse squid inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide rings. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add squid; cook in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and immediately transfer to a large bowl filled with ice and cold water. Let cool for 3-4 minutes, then drain and pat dry. In a large bowl, combine squid, celery, parsley, cilantro, onion and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk San-J Gluten Free Tamari, sesame oil, chili powder and pepper.
Gently toss squid mixture with tamari dressing. Set aside for 20 minutes to absorb flavor. Serve calamari mixture atop a bed of arugula and spinach. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and peanuts.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.