Back to all Recipes
Tangy Tamari Calamari Salad
- 2 lbs. medium squid rinsed
- 2 celery ribs cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 small red onion halved lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 green onions thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/3 cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1/6 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme freshly chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts finely chopped
- Rinse squid inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels. Halve tentacles lengthwise and cut bodies crosswise into 1/4-inch-wide rings. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add squid; cook in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and immediately transfer to a large bowl filled with ice and cold water. Let cool for 3-4 minutes, then drain and pat dry. In a large bowl, combine squid, celery, parsley, cilantro, onion and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk San-J Gluten Free Tamari, sesame oil, chili powder and pepper.
- Gently toss squid mixture with tamari dressing. Set aside for 20 minutes to absorb flavor. Serve calamari mixture atop a bed of arugula and spinach. Sprinkle with fresh thyme and peanuts.
Check out more salads and salad dressing recipes.