Classic Asian Fried Spring Rolls
Main IngredientPork, Seafood, Vegetables
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ small white onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger grated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces large prawns shelled and minced
- 6 ounces fresh ground pork
- 4 ounces fresh bean sprouts cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2 teaspoons San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro minced
- 2 packages spring roll wrappers
- 1 egg beaten
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup San-J Thai Peanut Sauce
Use the toggle to adjust the serving size above for the amount you need.
- In a large sauté pan, heat the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot and ginger and stir-fry until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, prawns, pork and bean sprouts. Stir-fry on medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the San-J Gluten Free Tamari and cilantro. Mix well to combine and set aside to cool.
- Place 1 spring roll wrapper on a clean surface. Spread 1 tablespoon of filling across one end of the wrapper, leaving a border of ½-inch on each side. Partially roll up the wrapper, leaving about 1/4 of the wrapper open. Brush the remaining open wrapper with the beaten egg and roll up the rest of the way. Repeat this process with the remaining filling and wrappers.
- In a deep fryer or large heavy-bottomed skillet, pour 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil and preheat the oil to 350°F. Fry the spring rolls, a few at a time, until golden and cooked through. Do not crowd the spring rolls in the pan while frying; otherwise the spring rolls will become soggy. Drain the spring rolls on paper towels and serve with San-J Thai Peanut Sauce for dipping.