Halibut with White Wine, Tamari & LemonCreated by San-J Back to all recipes
- ¼ cup San-J Organic Gluten Free Tamari
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 7-ounce fresh halibut fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large zucchini, washed and thinly sliced
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- extra heavy duty aluminum foil
Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut four large sheets of aluminum foil, each about 12" x 16" in size. On the center of each piece of foil, place equal portions of the zucchini and mushroom slices. Place a seasoned halibut fillet on top of each serving of vegetables and bring up the side of the foil to form a pouch with a small opening in the top. Through the opening, pour one-fourth of the reserved marinade on the halibut fillet. Seal the foil so that no liquid or steam can escape.
Place the sealed foil pouches on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. Test the fish in one pouch by opening the foil carefully (hot steam will escape) and flaking the fish with a fork. It will flake easily when the fish is cooked. To serve, unwrap each pouch and place each fillet in a shallow bowl. Pour the vegetables and broth over each fillet.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.