Honey & Tamari Chicken
- 1 cup clover honey
- ½ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 4 pounds fryer chicken cut into individual pieces
- 4 cups steamed Jasmine rice
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine the honey, San-J Gluten Free Tamari, garlic and ginger. Heat and stir over low heat until the honey is completely incorporated. Place the chicken in a single layer in a large glass baking pan and pour the honey Tamari sauce over the chicken. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour, turning the chicken over after 30 minutes. Cook until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers 180°F.
- To serve, spoon rice evenly onto 4 individual plates. Top each portion of rice with the chicken pieces and spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken. Garnish with green onion slices and serve immediately.