Back to all Recipes
Honey & Tamari Chicken
- 1 cup clover honey
- ½ cup San-J Gluten Free Tamari
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 4 pounds fryer chicken cut into individual pieces
- 4 cups steamed Jasmine rice
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, combine the honey, San-J Gluten Free Tamari, garlic and ginger. Heat and stir over low heat until the honey is completely incorporated. Place the chicken in a single layer in a large glass baking pan and pour the honey Tamari sauce over the chicken. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place the baking pan in the oven and bake for 1 hour, turning the marinated honey chicken over after 30 minutes. Cook until the juices run clear and a meat thermometer registers 180°F.
- To serve, spoon rice evenly onto 4 individual plates. Top each portion of rice with the chicken pieces and spoon the remaining sauce over the chicken. Garnish with green onion slices and serve immediately.
Check out more Tamari Soy Sauce main course recipes.