Prosperous New Year Stir FryCreated by Carol Kicinski Back to all recipes
- 6 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon San-J Tamari
- 3 tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 large Red Onion, cut into wedges
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup Pomegranate Seeds
- ¼ cup Pistachios, chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves
- 4 cups Cooked Rice for serving
Drain the tofu and wrap in a clean towel or paper towels. Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes by adding weight to it. Once pressed, cut the tofu into cubes.
Combine 6 tablespoons San-J Tamari, vinegar, garlic, cumin, and red pepper flakes in a mixing bowl. Add the cubed tofu and toss gently. Let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
With a slotted spoon, remove the tofu from the marinade and pat dry. Toss the tofu with the cornstarch to coat. Reserve the marinade.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add the onion and cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until tender. Remove the onion from the pan.
Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan, let it heat up then add the tofu in one layer. Let the tofu cook, undisturbed, for 2 minutes. Flip and brown 2 minutes on each side. Add the onions and reserved marinade back to the pan and cook, stirring gently, until heated through, about 1 minute.
Stir 1 teaspoon San-J Tamari into the yogurt. Serve the tofu mixture over rice topped with a dollop of yogurt, pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios, and cilantro leaves.
* The Gluten Free recipes that appear in this website incorporate a variety of San-J's products that are Certified Gluten Free. Please be sure to consider the other ingredients to make sure they comply with your dietary needs and restrictions.