OccasionAuthentic Japanese, Restaurant Favorites
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp San-J Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 (1 1/2 inch) knob ginger finely grated
- 1 small head napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 8 6-oz cod fillets
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- For sauce, combine ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, sugar and ginger in a small bowl. Set aside for serving.
- Meanwhile, for slaw, whisk vinegar, sesame oil, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce, honey and ginger together in a large bowl until combined. Toss in cabbage and green onion until coated. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- For cod, place bread crumbs, flour and eggs in 3 separate medium bowls. Dip cod fillets into flour, then into egg and then into bread crumbs, evenly coating each cod filet.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, pan-fry cod fillets until light golden brown and internal temperature reaches 145°F, about 4 minutes per side. Repeat with remaining cod fillets.
- Serve cod fillets with slaw and sauce.
- Substitute gluten-free panko bread crumbs for regular panko bread crumbs and gluten-free Worcestershire sauce for regular Worcestershire sauce, and eliminate all-purpose flour, to create a gluten-free Cod Katsu!